My author page on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/author/dianekathrinerschultz

Monday, February 22, 2010

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives

Reading about the stories here and here made me think a bit more about the last paragraph of my last post.  I felt those sentiments deserved some expansion. 

Did that mother and those two children wake up that Saturday morning and know they were going to be dead by the end of the day?  Or those two men who were in that plane - did they think that would never see their loved ones again?  And on a bigger scale, on 9/11, those who worked in the Twin Towers or in the Pentagon, or who were passengers on those airplanes didn't know that they wouldn't be coming home that evening. It was just an ordinary day for them.

Do any of us really know if we're going to wake up tomorrow morning? Will we be killed in an accident?  Or be murdered?  Or this country may even be attacked by an nuclear weapon.  Or the Rapture may occur and your loved ones who believe in Christ will vanish, leaving you behind.  These events that I just mentioned can happen so quickly that there is not even time to blink.

If God decided that my days on Earth would be over, I have no fear.  I am ready to go whenever the Lord feels my time here on Earth has been completed because I believe in Jesus and if I died, I would be in Heaven.   I have confidence that should my life be over, I would not be lost for eternity. 

Dear friend, if you have not yet repented of your sins and asked Jesus to be the Savior of your soul and of your life, I implore you to do so today.  If you need assistance, I would be more than happy to guide you.  Please leave a comment with your e-mail address and I will contact you.  Don't hesitate - tomorrow may be too late. 

1 comment: